Van Hoose Funeral Home was founded in 1923 by Mr. Luther Van Hoose. Mr. Van Hoose was known around Tuscaloosa mainly because of the baseball games and carnivals that he sponsored. Mr. Van Hoose was the owner of Van Hoose Funeral Home until his death in 1941. Joe Carpenter, the nephew of Mr. Van Hoose, inherited Van Hoose Funeral Home and he continued ownership until his death in 1955. Alfreda Carpenter, the wife of Joe Carpenter, inherited Van Hoose Funeral Home and sold the business in 1959 to Earnest Mauldin. Mr. Mauldin owned Mauldin Funeral Home in Greensboro, Alabama and Freeman Funeral Home in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. When he purchased Van Hoose Funeral Home he incorporated all three businesses, changing the name to Van Hoose-Freeman and Mauldin.
When Mr. Maudlin died in 1965, his wife, Bertha Frierson Mauldin, became owner of Van Hoose-Freeman & Mauldin Funeral Home and remained owner until 1969 when she sold the business to Charlie Steele, Sr. and Charles Green. Mr. Steele became sole owner of Van Hoose-Freeman and Mauldin Funeral Home in 1971. In 1972, Reverend Theodore Wilerford became a business partner with Mr. Steele but sold his interest back to Mr. Steele, Sr. in 1974. Mr. Charlie Steele, Sr. invited his wife, Eleanor W. Steele, to become his business partner and they remained in partnership until 1976 when they transferred their ownership to their sons, Charles Steele, Jr. and Danny R. Steele. Mr. Charlie Steele, Sr. died February 27, 1987 and Mrs. Eleanor W. Steele died December 27, 2003.
Tn 1976 the name was changed to Van Hoose – Mauldin and Steele Funeral Home. After the passing of Mrs. Bertha Mauldin in 1989, Van Hoose – Mauldin & Steele Funeral Home was changed to Van Hoose & Steele Funeral Home. Dr. Charles Steele, Jr. and Danny R. Steele are continuing a tradition that was started by Luther Van Hoose in 1923. For over 80 years, Van Hoose and Steele Funeral Home has provided excellent, quality funeral service to Tuscaloosa, Northport, and the entire West Alabama area at an affordable price.
- OUR VALUES: The following values guide the goals, decisions, actions and behaviors of Van Hoose & Steele Funeral Home:
- EXCELLENCE: We will provide the highest quality of professional service to those we serve.
- INTEGRITY: We will be open, candid and fair, honor our commitments; and adhere to high ethical standards.
- PARTICIPATION: We will participate in church, community, business and civic organizations.
- RELATIONSHIPS: We will build and enhance relationships with those families that we serve and with the community as a core value of friendship.
- INNOVATION AND CREATIVITY: We will approach change and challenges in the funeral industry as an opportunity to better serve those who entrust their love ones into our care.
- TECHNOLOGY: We will foster utilization of new technologies, delivering programs, services and opportunities to educate our clients to the practical appreciation of new technologies.
- STRATEGIC PLANNING: We will make decisions that will strategically position Van Hoose and Steele Funeral Home and the community to contribute effectively to a positive business/community climate and management of a changing market place.
- CUSTOMER RESPONSIVENESS: We will focus on the needs of those we serve and find ways to provide services, benefits, and programs that are cost – effective, beneficial and convenient.
For over 80 years, Van Hoose and Steele has been an integral part of the Tuscaloosa community, providing quality funeral service at an affordable price, and with the highest level of professionalism.
As we move into the 21st Century, we will foster the use of new technologies, delivering programs, services, and opportunities to educate our clients to the practical application of new technologies.
We will continue to focus on the needs of those we serve and find ways to provide services, benefits, and programs that are beneficial to the West Alabama community as well as the world.
We hope you will consider us to be caring neighbors and valuable friends when the need arises.
Vann Funeral Home | 4265 Saint Andrews Street | Marianna, Florida 32448 | TEL: 850-482-3300 | FAX: 850-482-5363
© Vann Funeral Home | site by: FUNERAL DIVISION of articdesigns.com | ObitLOGIN